As nations prepare for the Paris UN Climate Conference in November, there are quite diverse groups calling for meaningful emissions reduction targets and action to limit global warming to the international agreed target of 20C. Check out the following:
- LGNSW’s submission to UNFCCC Taskforce into Setting Australia’s post-2020 target for greenhouse gas emissions.
- An open letter from farmers to the Liberal party.
- Comment on policy responses to protect health in a changing climate from the medical journal The Lancet.
- Pope Francis’s encyclical on the environment which warns of ‘serious consequences’ if the world does not act on climate change.
- A Dutch district court has ordered the Netherlands to cut greenhouse gas emissions to 25% lower than 1990 levels by 2020.